Regardless of how big your house is, chances are you could do with a little more space, especially if you have a growing family. Unfortunately, additional space in a home can be hard to come by, which is why so many homeowners choose to invest in garage conversions. Garages can be converted into additional living space, kitchens, rec rooms and even small apartments, but this option isn’t right for everyone. Consider discussing a few of the most notable pros and cons of garage conversion with a remodeling contractor in Santa Fe, NM to help make your decision a little easier:
- Cost: Perhaps the most significant con associated with garage conversions is the cost. Just like any home improvement or remodeling project, this can be expensive. However, if you have the money to spend on it, it can be a valuable investment in your home. It’s important to carefully consider your needs to determine whether now is the right time for this kind of remodeling project.
- Time: One of the benefits of converting your garage is that it usually takes much less time than a home addition, while delivering many of the same advantages. Since the structure of the room is already in place, it doesn’t take a significant amount of work to turn a garage into a livable space.
- Storage: When converting your garage into a living space, you do lose some of the storage space in your home. People use garages to park their cars, keep tools and store miscellaneous items, so it can be difficult to find space for all of your stuff if you convert your garage. If you can’t afford to lose all of that storage space, a garage conversion probably isn’t the right option for you.
- Value: Like other home improvement projects, hiring a remodeling contractor in Santa Fe, NM to convert your garage can boost the value of your home. You can even rent out a converted garage for a little extra income. While it does require a sizable upfront investment, garage conversion has the potential to pay for itself over time.
- Versatility: For many homeowners, garage conversions offer a suitable alternative to home additions or purchasing a new home altogether. Converted garages can be used as additional bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms and home offices. Many people who work from home or run their own businesses take advantage of converted garage spaces as workspaces to help them progress in their business goals.
If you’re looking for assistance from a remodeling contractor in Santa Fe, NM in helping you convert your garage or make another change to your home, reach out to Apple Construction LLC. For years, our locally owned and operated company has served residents in the area with custom remodeling services. No matter what your vision is for your home, our team is here to make it a reality. To get started with a free consultation and quote, or to find out more about what we can do for you, simply give us a call today.
Categorised in: Remodeling