The Six Things You Need to Know Before Starting a Bathroom Remodel in Santa Fe, NM
Remodeling your bathroom is an exciting opportunity to create a brand-new space in your home, while simultaneously boosting its value. To maximize your remodel so that you’re able to get the most out of your new bathroom, however, there are a few things you will need to know before getting started. Here are six important tips you may not have known that will help you take your bathroom remodel in Santa Fe, NM to the next level:
- Flooring: While the flooring may not be the focal point of the bathroom that you are trying to create, you will still want to pay just as much attention to your flooring selection as you do every other facet of your remodel. Don’t view the flooring as an opportunity to cut costs, as your floor will likely see a lot of activity once the bathroom is in use again. Instead, take the time to research and find a durable material that will provide stability while complementing the look of the rest of the room.
- Lighting: Halogen lighting is commonly used for bathroom remodels because of how effectively it eliminates shadows to provide ample light in smaller spaces. Sconces also work well in bathroom spaces when they are above eye level, either above or on either side of the mirror.
- Bigger isn’t always better: Although large bathtubs and vanities are exceedingly popular, the larger they are, the less usable space there will be in the bathroom. Consider selecting smaller elements so that the bathroom both looks and feels larger, and leaves space for you to include all of the items that you and your family will actually need.
- A touch of class: Deciding to keep things small doesn’t necessarily mean that your bathroom can’t still be a relaxing sanctuary. Including a chair and even a small television can go a long way in creating a comfortable, meaningful space.
- Creating more space: Take advantage of all of the available space in your bathroom by incorporating the areas in between the wall studs in the remodel design. Not only will this provide you with additional storage areas, but this upgrade can also add value to your home, which will be key if you ever decide to sell.
- Attention to detail: When you are picking out the features you want for your bathroom, pay attention to the small details that will make a large difference in the overall appearance of the space. For example, if you are trying to create a modern look, stick with straight lines and smooth finishes throughout. If you are pursuing a classic style, a tub that has more curves and vintage fixtures would help complete this look most effectively.
Our team at Apple Construction LLC is ready to make your dream bathroom a reality. Whether you desire a luxurious, relaxing space, or you want to improve the flow and functionality, it is our mission to make your bathroom a space that you never want to leave. To learn more about everything we can do to transform your bathroom into an aesthetically captivating space that is an expression of your personal style, make sure you give us a call to schedule a consultation regarding your bathroom remodel in Santa Fe, NM right away.
Categorised in: Remodeling