If you’re not spending time outside in your backyard, you’re not making the most out of your home! However, even if you already have a nice outdoor space you enjoy every once in a while, a yard isn’t complete without beautiful patio hardscaping in Santa Fe, NM. The downside is that building or expanding a patio isn’t always as easy as it seems. That’s why we’re here to help! Keep reading to get a few design tips for your backyard space:
- Complement the indoors: Your patio should function like an extension of your indoor living space, especially if the patio is right next to your home. So, be sure to incorporate elements of your patio that are cohesive with the inside of your home.
- Built-in seating: Having plenty of seating is essential for any patio. Instead of buying a ton of furniture, consider adding built-in seating that can accommodate all of your guests. Built-in seating is highly functional, looks great and lasts longer than any standard patio set you’ll find.
- Waterproof furnishings: Using furniture meant for the indoors on your patio will lead to a disaster. Indoor furnishings will get destroyed by the elements, meaning you’ll likely have to throw them away after just one season. Pick up heavy-duty patio furniture and plenty of waterproof cushions as part of your new patio construction in Santa Fe, NM.
- Roof or pergola: We believe that all patios should be designed for year-round use. The best way to ensure that is by adding a roof or pergola on top of your patio. These structures help keep your patio cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, and protect you from the elements in nasty weather.
- Fire pit: Each patio should have a focal point or gathering place, and a fire pit is just right for that! Big or small, fire pits are great places to gather around and roast marshmallows or simply get nice and toasty on brisk evenings. Talk to your patio construction specialist to learn more about incorporating a fire pit in your patio hardscaping in Santa Fe, NM.
- Water feature: If you want to create a focal point for your patio, but don’t want the hassle of a fire pit, consider adding a waterfall or similar water feature. As long as you have a water connection, you can easily install all sorts of different waterfalls on your patio.
- Outdoor kitchen: If you plan on entertaining a lot of guests on your patio, then an outdoor kitchen is a must-have feature. Outdoor kitchens make it a breeze to prepare all sorts of meals, so you won’t have to continually run back inside to grab dishes or sides.
- Lighting: There’s no point in only using your patio during daylight! Be sure to have plenty of lights out back to keep enjoying your patio well past sundown. Strands of lights above the patio illuminate the space while creating a beautiful ambience outside.
Ensure your new patio is ready for spring by scheduling patio construction in Santa Fe, NM today. Give our team at Apple Construction LLC a call to set up a consultation for your new patio, or to start building one right away.
Categorised in: Uncategorized