Why Should I Invest in a Bathroom Remodel?
Homeowners have a lot of options when it comes to updating their living spaces—including tackling the bathrooms. A bathroom remodel is one of the most popular and beneficial home improvement projects you can invest in, as is adding an additional bathroom to your home. This particular type of project, while a huge undertaking, will pay off big in the long run, whether you stay in the house for years or plan to sell.
Perhaps a change is in order, and you know it—so let’s get ready to renovate! Below are the top six reasons homeowners choose to remodel and get a new bathroom design in Santa Fe, NM:
- Life events: When you first bought your house, maybe it was just the two of you. Today, your life is changing, and your home has to change to keep up. Maybe you have a little one, a baby on the way, elderly parents moving in with you or adult children coming back home after their college graduation. Your one full bathroom is probably not going to accommodate the new household size. Instead of moving to a different house with more bathrooms, consider installing another bathroom or investing in a bathroom remodel.
- Safety: If you plan to stay in the house into your later years, now may be a good time to think about just how safe your bathroom really is. A bathroom remodel can make your space more accessible—such as by installing a step-in tub, roll-in shower (for wheelchairs) or zero-threshold shower. Non-slip tile, handrails and shower seating are some other bathroom safety upgrades you might keep in mind.
- Improve efficiency: The likelihood that an old bathroom is inefficient is pretty high. From energy waste to water waste, old and outdated bathrooms may not be doing you many favors. But poor lighting and water-sucking fixtures (toilets, showers, sinks and tubs) can be remedied through a well-thought-out bathroom remodel. And since insufficient air circulation can cause mold and mildew growth, this is also a great time to reevaluate your ventilation situation.
- Add value to the home: The right bathroom updates can increase a home’s value and make it stand out on the market. On average, a quality home bathroom remodel will recoup about 50 percent of the cost invested into the project. This makes a lot of sense, since people want nice bathrooms in their homes, not bathrooms that are outdated or lacking proper functionality and modern amenities.
- Repair damage: Another reason to remodel a bathroom is to repair damage like water leaks, mold growth, peeling paint, cracked tile and holes in walls. You can either move forward with a full bathroom remodel or update certain individual damaged areas, features or fixtures.
- Update an old style: Finally, you might consider remodeling a bathroom that simply doesn’t look good anymore. Consider a classic style to ensure your space looks good while keeping with the times.
Whether you are a homeowner wanting traditional or contemporary bathroom design in your Santa Fe, NM home, you can rely on the team at Apple Construction LLC to create your new space. Call us today for more information!
Categorised in: Remodeling