What Questions Should I Ask When Getting a New Roof?
Replacing a roof isn’t a DIY project, and it’s certainly not something you want to rush through. There are tons of questions to ask and things to consider before you hire a contractor and get started with the project.
As industry leaders, we know what to ask when replacing a roof in Santa Fe, NM to ensure you get a great roof at a fair price. Continue reading to learn more about the proper questions to ask yourself and your roofing contractor:
- Overall cost: An estimate for roof replacement is just that—an estimated final cost for the project. An experienced contractor should be able to give you a fairly accurate quote, but things can arise that make the project go over budget. Ask your contractor for a written quote before moving forward with them.
- Materials: People often say you get what you pay for. This is especially true in a roofing project. Low-quality shingles or tiles are often the direct cause of premature replacement. Be sure to ask what materials your contractor plans on using, and insist that they use higher-quality materials.
- Installation: Roofers can go about roof replacement in one of two ways. They can either apply new shingles directly on the old ones, or remove all of the old shingles before installing the new ones. While it takes longer and costs a bit more, removing all of the old shingles is the best route to go. Double check that your roofer plans on removing the existing shingles prior to installation.
- Liability: When something goes wrong during a roofing project, the responsibility of paying for damage and injuries shouldn’t be on the homeowner. Unfortunately, the burden does fall on the homeowner instead of the roofer if the contractor doesn’t carry the proper license and insurance. Be sure to clarify that your roofer is licensed and insured.
Why choose Apple Construction LLC?
Knowing what to ask when replacing a roof in Santa Fe, NM is just as important as choosing your roofing contractor. These are a few reasons customers turn to us for all of their roofing needs:
- Experience: With more than 30 years of combined industry experience, we’re among the most seasoned builders in the area. Needless to say, we know what we’re doing when we perform roofing work on your home!
- License and insurance: As mentioned above, a license and proper insurance are key when choosing a roofer. We’re fully licensed and insured, and we’re members of the Santa Fe Area Home Builders Association.
- Transparent billing: Some contractors can be a bit reluctant to show you what your money is going toward during the project. Not Apple Construction LLC. We’re happy to show you where every single cent is being spent—just ask!
Whether you need to replace your roof, remodel your bathroom or kitchen or add a room to your home, Apple Construction LLC is your go-to team! Contact us today to learn what to ask when replacing a roof in Santa Fe, NM or to get a quote for your next project.
Categorised in: Roofing