The Dos and Don’ts of Windowless Rooms
Decorating a room to make it look great takes time, and this can be even more challenging if a room doesn’t have any windows. If you’re struggling with how to enhance a windowless room in Santa Fe, NM, it can be helpful to consider some tips to get the inspiration you need. Keep reading to learn about some of the best ways to brighten up a windowless room and get your space looking as fresh and vibrant as possible.
How to brighten a windowless room
Rooms without any windows can look and feel dark and boring. Thankfully, there are some things you can do to make these spaces more pleasant and inviting. Here are some of the best tips on how to brighten windowless rooms in Santa Fe, NM:
- Add mirrors: Mirrors reflect and amplify light, so they are perfect for rooms where light is limited. Adding several mirrors to a windowless space can give the illusion of more light and make the space appear bigger than it actually is.
- Use different light sources: Just because a room doesn’t have any natural light doesn’t mean that it can’t be enhanced with a variety of different lighting sources. Instead of just relying on a single light fixture, add lamps, fairy lights and other sources of light to create more dynamic lighting in the space.
- Consider installing windows: While installing new windows isn’t the fastest or most affordable option, it’s the most effective way to dramatically improve lighting in a windowless room. Installing even a single window in a closed-in room can completely transform the space. What’s more, putting in a window can raise the value of your home and provide a worthwhile return on investment.
What to avoid to improve natural light
There are lots of things that can improve natural light, but there are also things that can negatively affect the lighting in a space. When you’re considering how to enhance a windowless room in Santa Fe, NM, make sure to take into account some of the things you should avoid:
- Too many dark colors: One of the most common mistakes people make when decorating windowless rooms is adding too many dark colors. While one or two dark furniture or décor pieces can be great accents for windowless rooms, adding too many of them can make a room seem even darker and smaller than it already is.
- Clashing bright colors: Some people try to distract the eye in windowless rooms by adding a lot of bright, bold colors. Unfortunately, too many bold colors can clash and take away from the look of a room. Keep it simple by limiting accent colors and sticking with light, neutral palettes to maximize natural light.
Invest in construction and remodeling services
If you’re thinking about installing a window to brighten a windowless room in your Santa Fe, NM home, reach out to Apple Construction LLC. For years, our team of professionals has been providing our clients with comprehensive construction and remodeling services to give them the homes of their dreams. No matter your vision, we are here to make it a reality. Give us a call to find out more about our services and get started with a consultation and quote.
Categorised in: Lighting