Ways to Increase Natural Light in Your Home
Natural light can make a huge difference in the look and feel of a space, so it’s important to maximize is presence as much as possible to improve the appearance of a home. There are lots of ways to increase natural lighting in Santa Fe, NM, and many of the best methods of doing so are simple and inexpensive. With this in mind, there’s no reason not to try out a few different methods to maximize natural light and brighten up your space.
How to increase natural light
Whether you have very little natural light in your home or you’re interested in maximizing what you already have, there are a lot of different things that can increase natural light to make a home feel brighter, airier and even larger. If you’re wondering how to increase natural light in Santa Fe, NM, consider some of these ideas:
- Lighten up tones and colors: One of the best ways to increase natural light in a home is by choosing colors and tones that are lighter and brighter. Light colors can make a room feel bigger and reflect natural light more effectively to improve lighting. Consider light gray furniture or lighter wall colors to maximize natural lighting.
- Install doors with windows: If your room has a door that leads outside, consider replacing it with a door that has a window. This can bring a lot more light into a room and make the space feel a lot brighter.
- Use more than just overhead lighting: In a room without a lot of natural light, relying only on overhead lighting can leave the space feeling dark and boring. Instead, use a variety of different light fixtures and lamps throughout the room to create more dynamic lighting and get everything looking brighter.
- Paint eaves white: One of the most unexpected ways to increase natural lighting in Santa Fe, NM is to paint your eaves a shade of white. Painting your eaves white is a great way to reflect the natural light that’s coming into your home to make it brighter and stronger. This change won’t be noticeable from outside your home, but it will make a big difference for interior lighting.
- Use reflective materials and surfaces: Another way to increase natural lighting is to use reflective materials and surfaces. High gloss paint and shiny tile reflect light and can significantly improve lighting inside a home.
Home additions and remodeling
If you’re looking for more ways to increase natural lighting in Santa Fe, NM, reach out to Apple Construction LLC. We’ve been serving clients in and around the Santa Fe area since 2015, and we specialize in custom construction, remodeling and home additions. We offer quality services and prioritize customer satisfaction to make sure our clients are always happy with the work we do. Find out more about all the services we offer and schedule a consultation by giving our team a call today. We look forward to working with you soon to make your home a brighter and more enjoyable place!
Categorised in: Lighting