Do you ever feel like there’s not enough storage at home? This is a common feeling among homeowners in Santa Fe, NM who quickly fill up their closets, basements and attic spaces. You can (and should) take the time to purge your home of unnecessary items or items you no longer want, but there are also strategies you can employ to maximize the storage space in your home for better organization.
Here’s a quick overview of some ideas you might consider trying out in your home if you need extra storage:
- Hidden storage in headboards: Headboard storage is becoming more popular in custom bed design. Compartments inside the headboard can allow you to store small personal items that you’d like to have at your bedside, without having to take up all the space on or in your nightstands.
- Coffee table storage: Coffee tables are commonly used in living spaces both as decoration and for the utility they provide. Of course, coffee tables can take up some useful real estate. To make the most of the space, consider adding storage underneath the coffee table in the form of shelving or drawers so you can get the most out of the space you’re using. Inside you can place blankets, pillows, coasters, reading materials, trays or anything else you might use in your living area.
- Bathroom mirror storage: You can always use more storage in your bathroom. If you don’t have a cabinet area behind your mirror, you should probably consider replacing that mirror so you can use a medicine cabinet behind it, allowing you to save space in other storage areas around your bathroom.
- Vertical storage: Closets are often not used to their full potential because of failure to make use of all the vertical space. Take shelving as high up as you can get it, and store lesser-used items up high. This will help you get the most out of the square footage in your space.
- Embrace containers: Whether it’s in hall closets, pantries, medicine cabinets, linen closets or other areas of your home where you store items, you should embrace containers that fit snugly next to each other and easily stack. This will help you make the most effective use of your space, and also help you keep items organized in bundles. The containers can then be easily labeled so you can keep track of where everything is located.
- Compartments in furniture: There are a lot of types of furniture, particularly benches and sofas, that offer unique compartments, either in the form of pull-out drawers or cabinets that open up.
- Under-bed storage solutions: Low-profile sliding drawers and chests can fit underneath your bed and provide some excellent, handy storage solutions for certain items.
- Cabinet or pantry door storage: You can hang certain storage solutions on the inside of cabinet or pantry doors to get the most out of the space. This is where you might, for example, place spice racks.
Need extra storage at home in Santa Fe, NM? For more information and tips about some creative home storage solutions, contact our custom home builders at Apple Construction LLC today.
Categorised in: Interior Design