One of the most important things to consider before starting kitchen remodels is your budget. Kitchen remodels can easily add up in cost, and you don’t want to end up in the red. Sometimes the average kitchen remodel cost can be more than $50,000. That said, costs usually only get that high if you plan on doing large-scale kitchen remodels, like replacing all the countertops, floors and cabinets. If you’re only making small changes, kitchen remodels can actually be quite affordable. That said, it’s important to know where to save money when you can.
Here are some tips to avoid the most substantial kitchen remodel expenses:
- Don’t replace the cabinets unless necessary: For the most part, cabinets are the most expensive part of any kitchen remodel. This is because the cabinets themselves can be quite expensive. On average, people spend around $15,000 on cabinets alone when having their kitchen remodeled. Instead of replacing all the cabinets, consider having them repaired, repainted or refinished. A good refinishing could have your cabinets looking brand new in no time. There’s usually no need to replace your cabinets if they are fairly new, as cabinets can last a good 20 years when properly maintained.
- Avoid expensive appliances: Appliances can also be quite expensive when it comes to kitchen remodels. In fact, all new kitchen appliances cost over $8,000 on average. If you’re looking to save some money on these kitchen remodels, opt for some cheaper appliances. There are plenty of appliance options out there that won’t break the bank. You could also just have your appliances repaired instead of replacing them completely.
- Do some shopping: Don’t just go with the first appliance, cabinet or countertop you see. Usually, there’s a cheaper option if you know where to look. That’s why it’s important to work with a reputable dealer who won’t try to overcharge or upsell you. Do research on any products that you’re considering, and look up their average prices. Also, try and find cheap alternatives to any materials that are particularly expensive.
- Avoid moving any appliances: Moving anything that’s attached to a gas or water line can take a lot of work, resulting in higher labor costs. This might even require you to hire a plumber or electrician. Avoid these costs completely by leaving the appliances where they are. It’ll be much easier to design your kitchen around said appliances instead of removing them.
- Invest in the right flooring: If you’ve made the decision to invest in new flooring, be sure to choose a material that is durable and inexpensive. You’ll want to go with a material that will last a long time. You should also consider the amount of foot traffic your kitchen floor will be getting. While hardwood is a durable flooring material that looks great, it’s often quite expensive. When looking for something cheaper, consider concrete or vinyl instead.
There are many ways to save money on kitchen remodel expenses. Just be sure to hire a remodeling company that’s willing to work with your budget. For all your kitchen remodeling needs, contact Apple Construction LLC.
Categorised in: Kitchens