What Are the Top Home Remodeling Trends for 2022?
December 6, 2021
Just like fashion, home remodeling has trends that seem to come and go every few years. As home remodeling experts, we need to stay on top of what’s in and what’s out in order to best serve our clients’ needs. This post from our team at Apple Construction LLC will cover the latest home and kitchen remodel trends you can expect to see next year:
- Home offices: With so many Americans working from home these days, it’s a no-brainer that home offices are a priority for remodeling projects. After all, working from the couch or dining room table just isn’t as efficient. These home offices can also double as family rooms on weekends or after the workday is done.
- Outdoor entertainment spaces: If we’ve learned one thing during the pandemic, it’s that it’s good to spend more time outdoors. Homeowners are taking that to heart during today’s remodeling projects. One of our favorite home remodeling trends is adding expansive back patios with full kitchens, fire pits, plenty of seating and much more. The fun never ends when you have a large outdoor room.
- Ample natural light: Tons of natural light streaming in through the windows has never gone out of style, but it’s becoming even more popular these days. Expansive windows throughout the house—especially in the kitchen—and even large skylights will be in vogue in 2022. These windows make any home look and feel larger and much homier.
- Larger bathrooms: Designers have seen a 10 to 15 percent increase in bathroom size over the past few years. This is another one of the home remodeling trends that can be attributed to spending more time at home during the pandemic. But even if the bathrooms aren’t grand in size, a growing number of homeowners want to elevate their bathrooms with high-end fixtures and materials.
- Focus on sustainability: Many industries have seen a shift towards being more eco-conscious, and that’s spilled over into home remodeling and building. Many of today’s new builds incorporate eco-friendly construction materials, like brick and stone exterior walls and environmentally friendly flooring.
- Colorful kitchens: All-white kitchens have a pristine look and feel, but that trend is falling out of style in favor of some colors. We’re seeing more homes with painted cabinetry in warm or neutral tones. And instead of one-tone marble counters and backsplashes, homeowners are switching it up with butcherblock counters and colorful subway tile backsplashes.
- Black highlights: One color we haven’t seen incorporated in many homes for a while is black—but that’s starting to turn around. Black accents are trending across the home remodeling world. Black interior and exterior window frames, black entry doors and black appliances are all in, and we expect to see more of that in 2022.
Hire us for your remodeling project
If you’re considering remodeling your home in 2022, be sure to get in touch with Apple Construction LLC. Contact us today to discuss your plans or to learn more about some of the kitchen remodel trends you can incorporate into your design.
Categorised in: Remodeling