The kitchen remodel is one of the biggest undertakings you can take in your home. It requires a significant investment of both time and money, but the results can provide a lot of benefits: greater usability of the space, improved aesthetics, an excellent return on value and a lot of satisfaction for you as the homeowner.
If 2022 is looking like it may be the year for you to perform your kitchen remodel, you might be wondering what some of the current trends are for contemporary kitchen design. Here’s a quick look at a few ideas for you to consider:
- Vintage furniture: We’re seeing people flocking back toward vintage furnishings in a lot of remodels, including both kitchens and bathrooms. In kitchens, this can take the form of kitchen tables as opposed to built-in islands or other furnishings that add visual interest and can serve as conversation pieces.
- Marble: Natural stone countertops have long been a popular luxury option for kitchen remodels, and right now marble is particularly big—but it goes beyond the countertops. Marble is also being used for wall-mounted vanities, accent walls, kitchen island designs and various other fixtures and decorations.
- Interesting tiles: Sure, everyone loves a good subway tile backsplash, but lately homeowners have taken to much more experimentation with the kinds of tiles they implement in their kitchen designs. People are searching for more unique tile shapes and designs that offer something new and provide greater visual interest.
- Bold color accents: While kitchen walls and cabinets might still be painted in relatively traditional colors such as various whites and blues, we’re seeing the rise of more bold colors used throughout kitchen redesigns. Think bright-gold lighting fixtures, pops of red, orange or yellow with small appliances or buttons and the use of towels and other removable items as decorative accents in addition to the function they serve.
- A lot of green: Green is becoming a more popular option for kitchen redesigns—particularly in some nontraditional shades. For example, there have been a lot of muted, mid-tone greens used in kitchen redesigns, partially because they work very well with neutral colors. Muted green shades create a lighter, airier feeling that can help a space seem bigger while still giving a robust and rich tone to the room.
- Blended countertops and backsplashes: For some time, there was a trend where kitchen remodels would feature some significant contrast between countertops and backsplashes. Lately, however, we’re seeing a significant shift to a unification of the backsplash and countertop through a more seamless design integration. This can help create greater cohesion in a kitchen with a cleaner look, and, depending on the colors and designs, could help make the space seem larger and more open.
These are just a few examples of some of the trends that are going to influence contemporary kitchen design throughout 2022 and possibly beyond. For more tips about how you can bring your kitchen up to date, contact our team at Apple Construction LLC.
Categorised in: Kitchens